We're proud to announce our first Cancer Ninja contest! You--that's right, YOU--will have the chance to win a SUPER AMAZING PRIZE!!
First, a bit of background: we here at Cancer Ninja are big fans of St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. It is a hospital in Memphis, Tennessee, dedicated to the care of children with catastrophic illnesses (including cancer). Children from all over the world go there for treatment. Research at St. Jude has led to tremendous improvements in how childhood cancers are treated, and because of work there, the survival rates for many pediatric malignancies have gone up dramatically over the past several decades. It is a truly special place.
Now imagine you're the parent of a sick child who is going to a place like St. Jude. You're relieved they're going to an amazing medical center, but still, emotionally you're devastated by your child's illness. Making things even worse, the financial side of things has got to be an INCREDIBLE stress! After all, world-class, cutting-edge care doesn't usually come cheap. You may be thinking it's time to mortgage your house, forget about retirement, cash out your kids' college savings funds, look for a second job, and maybe even hit up friends & family for help. However, if you thought that, you'd be totally WRONG. Prepare to have your socks blown off, because get this!!
- St. Jude accepts patients without regard to their family's ability to pay.
- Families never pay for treatments that are not covered by insurance.
- Families without insurance are never asked to pay.
- In addition, St. Jude assists families with transportation, lodging, and meals.
How is that possible? Well, among other things, St. Jude relies heavily on donations to fund its operations. And that's where this contest comes in (and the AMAZING PRIZE for YOU!)
Before we go any further, here's the amazing prize: THE CHANCE TO HAVE A CANCER NINJA CHARACTER NAMED AFTER YOU!! That's right! One lucky winner will have a character, named after them, featured in Cancer Ninja!
Entering this contest is easy! Here's how to do it:
- Make a donation to St Jude Children's Research Hospital (www.stjude.org)
- Then, email your donation receipt in PDF form to email@example.com. Feel free to block out the amount you donated so I can't see it. (Though donating more is always better than donating less, the important thing is that you took the step and made a donation! You should be proud of yourself!)
- In case you're the lucky winner, include in your email how you'd like your character to be named (e.g. I might prefer my character to be "Andy H.," "A. Howard," "Andy the Magnificent," etc).
Send in your entry no later than 11:59pm on Friday, July 8, 2016. Your name will be put in a hat (or possibly a bowl) and the winner will be drawn at random. Our aim will be to publish the cartoon featuring our heroic winner no later than August 1, 2016.
I thank you, and the children at St. Jude thank you!!
The fine print: By entering this contest, you acknowledge that this isn't Publisher's Clearinghouse with its armies of lawyers and its countless accountants. This is a goofy guy who is fiddling around on the internet in a good-hearted but obviously unprofessional attempt to educate and entertain. The whole point of this contest is to raise money for a wonderfully deserving institution (namely, St. Jude Children's Research Hospital). I reserve the right to disqualify anyone for any reason and/or to change the rules at the drop of a hat. The cash value of the prize is $0 (zero dollars). The information presented here about St. Jude Children's Research Hospital comes from the St. Jude website and from wikipedia.org. If you wish to enter the contest without making a donation, simply email me (firstname.lastname@example.org), explain that you're not making a donation, and include how you'd like your character to be named.